• High Vibes Media

You Have More Time in a Day Than You Think

Updated: 6 days ago

Have you ever fallen down the rabbit hole of self-help and life design channels on Youtube? Not only are they aesthetically pleasing, but they also have the ability to make you feel completely inadequate. But, like, in a relaxing way.


Photo by Estée Janssens on Unsplash

They’ll remind you to drink water, and to journal every day, and to read before you go to bed. And to have a night routine. And a morning routine. And a late afternoon routine. And don’t forget about fold your laundry in this very specific way. And I guess somewhere in there, there’s time for work and social life.

While some of these things are actually pretty helpful, this can point to a much larger problem we all have. There are so many things that we have to do, but how do we actually find the time to do them?


After our recommended 8 hours of sleep (let’s be real, it’s more like 6), we’ve only got so much time in our day to be the most motivated and productive machines that we can be. It’s likely that you aren’t part of the 2.5% of people in the world that are actually able to multitask well. So for the other 97.5% of us, we need to learn how to prioritize our time.


You might think that your time management skills are absolutely bulletproof. And if that’s the case, I’m sure you’re looking for ways to make them even better.


Youtuber Casey Neistat has completely optimized the way he uses time. In 11 minutes he breaks down how he churns through his absolute insane workload. It’s really eye-opening to see just how well-balanced this man’s life is.


Photo by Jordan Whitfield on Unsplash

The key component that Casey speaks about is blocking out time in your day to get your work done without distraction. Focus on one thing at a time. This will lead to goals being accomplished which will help you to start developing a consistent set of routines that will become second nature. This idea isn’t based on filling up every moment with work but on the idea of cutting out distractions to reach goals.


It also emphasizes the importance of making time in your schedule for a social life. A study done by Princeton university backs up these tips. So it’s not just Youtube stars becoming successful from incorporating these concepts into their life. This idea can apply to anyone.


It is definitely inspiring to recreate these daily habits and routines but it might work out exactly the same for everyone. (See YouTuber Sorelle Amor’s attempt) However, Casey’s video is a crash course in the fundamental tools required to best manage and prioritize your time.



We all could be better about utilizing and prioritizing our time to better reach our goals. If your goal is to quit your service job and start a business that means dedicating 30 minutes or an hour or however much time you can commit to, before or after your shift to getting work emails done. But also blocking hours in your day to spend quality time with your family so you don’t burn yourself out. This will naturally lead you to have less time for the more distracting things in life to increase your productivity and overall well being.


Written By: Fred Gebhardt

Vibe with us! Sign up for our Newsletter

© 2018 by High Vibes Media. Proudly created with Wix.com